July 14, 2006

77 Days...

My dad emailed me today and reminded me of some beautiful words penned by Frost. "Love knows no devotion like playing shore to the ocean." Simply gorgeous. For the first time in a year, I'm back to being thousands of miles away from the woman I love. Kel's back in Chicago for a wedding and I am sitting at work thanking God for her as I stare out a wall of windows on the 5 freeway. Missing someone does things to your heart that are simply indescribable. Even being apart for just a day, a thousand things that I love about Kel come rushing at me. The feeling of her soft hand in mine, the smell of her hair when she is in my arms, her feet in my lap when I drive. The list goes on. As I learn to love, I am also learning more and more how much I truly need God. I am selfish. I crave to be refined. I want to love the way Jesus loves me, you, us. I want to be able to love with a passion straight from my Father, a love that doesn't worry about the reflection in the mirror or what others think. I want to love my future wife the way that God designed it to be. No chains, no games. And Kel, if you are reading this, know that there is nothing in all the world more beautiful and irresistible than you. Thank you for saying yes to me for a lifetime. I don't deserve a second with you, but I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life as your man.

"Love knows no devotion like playing shore to the ocean."

Seth

1 comment:

rustafarian said...

dude, you need to get hitched! how far is vegas from san diego?