December 11, 2008

Out of Nowhere...








Wow, I haven't written on this thing since I was like seven. Sorry about that. I'm one of those guys who loves reading consistent blogs, but I'm guilty of not keeping up with my own. Lame!

Too much has happened since I last wrote anything, so I'll just ring off a few to get me back into this instead of overwhelming myself, cuz we all know, if we're overwhelmed about blogging, then we probably won't. Alright, schweet!

So, Kel and I recently got back from a missions trip to South Africa. It was absolutely unbelievable and I would love to tell you more about it in person, so please ask. Here are a few pictures from the trip. I've got a ton more on my Facebook page. Check them out.

I also just made a huge decision in my life...I chose an English Premier Soccer team to follow. And I'm fired up about it! I chose Newcastle United. I'll be honest. I basically chose for a few reasons...one being, I think their black and white striped jersies are absolutely SICK! The next reason was because I like rooting for teams who aren't necessarily tearing up the league so that I have something to hope for and root for instead of choosing someone at the top. And thirdly, some friends helped me in my decision...specifically Vicky. She's from London and she told me I was making a good choice so I thought that was good coming from someone who is actually from there. She's even rooting now too. So yeah, I'm pretty excited. Maybe I'll go out and buy Kel one of their jersies. Not sure if she'd ever wear it, but she'd look dang cute if she did.

And I guess a third thing is that I'm reading through the Chronicles of Narnia for the first time and I'm loving it. I should have done this 37 years ago. What was I thinking?! Such rich stories. I'm currently on The Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

So there's a subtle attempt at not overwhelming myself in getting back into this thing. Let's see if I stay with it this time.

But seriously, South Africa was beyond breathtaking, so please ask for stories if you'd like. It wouldn't do it much justice to try to put it in a blog.

Also, raise high a glass of nog tonight. Tis the season. Much love.
Seth

1 comment:

rustafarian said...

i think it should be mandatory that you drink nukie brown ale while watching games. and that you talk in an almost completely unintelligible newcastle accent. that would be amazing.